[TransWarp] PROPOSAL: New peak.web.template terminology/explanation

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Tue Jul 22 11:55:25 EDT 2003

At 09:14 AM 7/22/03 +0200, Jean Jordaan wrote:
>>   xmlns:show="http://peak.telecommunity.com/peak.web.templates/"
>>   show:data="tabulardata"
>>   show:as="list"
>>  >

>So far, I'd like to think that I can choose the namespace to fit the
>exigencies of potential XML processing,

Yep, this is just for example purposes.  Most people tend to use the
namespace prefix that's given in examples; notice that nearly everybody
uses tal:whatever in ZPT even though in principle they could use 'foo:' or
'silly:' or even 'z:'.  Same way that everybody uses 'xsl:' in their XSLT,
etc. etc.  :)

>  and so I'd
>like the above to remain readable after eg. 's/show/pt'. If
>we're generating XML, the PWT namespace might well be the default and
>unnecessary to write.

That's actually pretty unlikely, since the point is to generate some
*other* kind of XML.  :)