[ZPatterns] Re: [ZC] 594/ 4 Comment "'path' index is an OOSet, not a string"]

Jean Jordaan jean@upfrontsystems.co.za
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 17:50:29 +0200

Hi there

I'm noticing some Catalog oddness in a ZPatterns-based app of ours.
The issue is at http://collector.zope.org/Zope/594

I don't think that ZPatterns has anything to do with it, but I have
a feeling someone with deeper knowledge might have to back me up
on this sometime ..

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [ZC] 594/ 4 Comment "'path' index is an OOSet, not a string"
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 17:45:27 +0200
From: Jean Jordaan <jean@upfrontsystems.co.za>
To: Collector: Zope Bugs, Features, and Patches ... <zope-coders@zope.org>

 > What objects cause the problem in your case. Are these
 > standard Zope objects or objects of a third-party product?

They're all products of an in-house app of ours. All these objects are
ZClass instances. They are cataloged via ZPatterns' SkinScript:

WHEN OBJECT ADDED CALL
      Catalog.catalog_object(self, '/'.join(self.getPhysicalPath()))

WHEN OBJECT DELETED CALL
      Catalog.uncatalog_object('/'.join(self.getPhysicalPath()))

WHEN OBJECT CHANGED CALL

--
Jean Jordaan
Upfront Systems                         http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za