[ZPatterns] ZPatterns howto and Extensions

Roché Compaan roche@upfrontsystems.co.za
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 17:02:04 +0200

On Mon, 23 Sep 2002 15:36:46 +0100
Steve Alexander <steve@cat-box.net> wrote:

> > I would like to set up some CVS access where developers with fixes can
> > apply it to the ZPatterns source and where it can be maintained
> > collaboratively.

I am willing to set up a cvs repository for ZPatterns stuff on our
server, except if Philip Eby prefers to host it.

> I (allegedly) maintain Itamar ST's DataskinAddons product too.
> This could also be added to the CVS repository. Or perhaps you'd like to
> take on maintainership of the package, or merge it with your Extensions.

I think it would be easier for people if they can download one product
which offer various extensions.  I am more than willing to merge all
the stuff you mention with my Extensions.  We've done some work on the
RemoteRack you wrote as well and have used it in a system that's been in
heavy production for a long time now, so I'd like to include that as
well. Since RemoteRack solves distribution of apps that
primarily uses the ZODB as storage very nicely this would be a valuable addition.

Wrt. TransactionAgents you will notice that we already provide
TransactionAgents-0-0-5 in a "ZPatternsBundle" archive mentioned in the
howto.

> Is anyone using the CatalogTrigger or DummyDataskin on running systems?

I haven't yet but now that you mention it I will have a look at it.

--
Roché Compaan
Upfront Systems                 http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za