[ZPatterns] Problem importing a ZPattern based site

Christian Scholz cs@comlounge.net
Mon, 17 Dec 2001 22:49:45 +0100

Hi!

> > Error Type: TypeError
> > Error Value: ('__init__() takes at least 3 arguments (1 given)', <extension class
> > Products.ZPatterns.SkinScript.Components.Compute at 871f3d0>, ())
>

> This looks like an error in cloning compiled SkinScript.
>

> > So is there any way to export/import my app again?
>

> I haven't seen this problem when exporting and re-importing things
> containing SkinScript methods. Then again, I haven't tried it for a while.
>

> I guess you could try commenting out the SkinScript (put a # at the
> start of each line), saving, exporting, then importing, uncommenting
> and saving in the new Zope.

Hm, then I couldn't automate it that good, it seems ;-)
But I will try at least for a test (well, tomorrow I will do that :)

> The import/export stuff seems to have changed with Zope 2.5. You could
> see if you get the same problem with Zope 2.5.
>
> What version of Zope / ZPatterns were you coming from?

Zope 2.3 with ZPatterns-stevea-20010204
(from version.txt)

Right now both servers have zope 2.4 with the 0.0.4 I mentioned above.

I will also try it tomorrow then to import with Zope 2.5.

cheers,
  Christian

--
COM.lounge                                          http://comlounge.net/