[PEAK] Re: dispatch speedups and pyqt applications

Matthew Scott gmane at goldenspud.com
Mon Jul 18 16:00:03 EDT 2005

Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> That's really weird.  Is PyProtocols built with speedups also, or no?
> Does it make any difference to the behavior?

Interestingly, the lockup behavior only occurs when -both- PyProtocols
and RuleDispatch are built with speedups.

If neither of them, or only PyProtocols, or only RuleDispatch are built
with speedups, no lockup occurs.

> Please do; I don't have Qt or PyQt available to me the moment, but I'm
> most curious about what could cause this.  I can't think of any way in
> which problems in the C code could manifest in such an odd way.

OK.  Might be several days before I can take another shot at it but I'll
keep it on my todo list :)

--
Matthew R. Scott