[PEAK] dispatch speedups and pyqt applications

Matthew Scott gmane at goldenspud.com
Mon Jul 18 15:08:37 EDT 2005

Is anyone using RuleDispatch along with PyQt in an application?

I am experiencing a problem when using dispatch built --with-speedups,
wherein the program hangs after the QApplication.exec_loop() method
ends.  A Ctrl-C is required to completely exit the app.

Interestingly, if I rebuild dispatch --without-speedups, this problem
doesn't occur.

In my case, the use of dispatch is strictly when importing database
information from an XML file before any sort of Qt objects are created.
 If no generic functions are called, everything works fine -- it's only
when generic functions are called.

I haven't been successful in creating a bare-bones test case that
exhibits this behavior, but I thought I'd post here to see if anyone
else has noticed this yet.

For now, I need to charge ahead and so am going to disable speedups for
the time being.  But I am willing to put some time in soon in another
attempt at creating a minimal test case if there is interest.

Thanks,

--
Matthew R. Scott