ZopeX3 (was Re: [PEAK] GNU Enterprise)

Andreas Pauley andreasp+peak at qbcon.com
Thu Feb 3 11:40:55 EST 2005

On Thu, 3 Feb 2005, Phillip J. Eby wrote:

> GNU Enterprise is an effort to build specific enterprise applications which
> are themselves open source; PEAK is an effort to build an open source
> framework which can be used to create open or closed-source applications.  It
> gets used to develop closed-source applications, which drive requirements for
> the framework, but the applications themselves don't end up part of the
> package.
>
> Technologically, there are some other differences, such as GNUe's emphasis on
> CORBA.

Thanks.

I've also been going through some of the documentation of ZopeX3 today.
It seems that the Zope project has shifted from their web-centric focus to
a more general application server backend in which one can build
component-based applications.

This sounds a lot like what PEAK is doing, what's the main differences
here?

Regards,
Andreas