[PEAK] Packaging peak apps

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Feb 2 23:08:24 EST 2005

At 09:11 PM 2/1/05 +0200, alexander smishlajev wrote:
>Phillip J. Eby wrote, at 08.10.2004 20:33:
>>'config.fileNearModule()' is now deprecated and its usage in the PEAK
>>libraries has been converted to 'config.packageFile()', which is able to
>>work with PEP 302 loaders that have a 'get_data()' method (such as the
>>zipfile import loader in Python 2.3 and up).
>
>with current cvs checkout, i cannot run PEAK from zip file:
>
>   File "peak\running\commands.pyc", line 342, in __call__
>   File "peak\running\commands.pyc", line 432, in interpret
>   File "peak\binding\components.pyc", line 397, in lookupComponent
>   File "peak\naming\names.pyc", line 198, in findComponent
>   File "peak\naming\api.pyc", line 53, in lookup
>   File "peak\naming\api.pyc", line 34, in InitialContext
>   File "peak\naming\spi.pyc", line 61, in getInitialContext
>   File "peak\core.pyc", line 235, in __call__
>   File "peak\config\config_components.pyc", line 402, in lookup
>peak.exceptions.NameNotFound: peak.naming.initialContextFactory
>[resolvedObj=<peak.running.commands.ZConfigInterpreter object at 0x00CBDB50>]
>
>if i add moduleName to self.path in ImportLoaderFactory, this name is
>found (zipfile contains peak.ini is in 'peak' package directory).

Okay, I've checked in the fix for this, the ZConfig problem, and the
spurious Graph.txt error.  Please let me know if you have any further
difficulties, as I am not yet set up to run PEAK from a zipfile myself.

By the way, I gather that PEAK's lazy module mechanism now works correctly
with zipped modules under Python 2.4?  (There should also be a fix in
2.3.5, but it'd be nice to confirm it works with 2.4, as the same patch was
applied to 2.3.5.)