[PEAK] Re-asking: Mixing peak app and twisted app

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Sun Dec 18 11:45:47 EST 2005

At 11:36 AM 12/15/2005 -0800, David Hirschfield wrote:
>So now I want to mix this with peak...but I'm not sure how to set up and
>run a peak app and launch the daemon. What do I make the daemon a
>sub-class of in peak? How does the application launch? Right now I've been
>launching via twistd...but I don't suspect I can continue doing that.

I think you probably need to spell out more specifically what you're trying
to accomplish via the mix.  Do you want to be able to use peak.events to do
asynchronous programming?  Do you just want to use the component tools?  Do
you want the reactor to be under the control of a PEAK top-level controller
like the EventDriven command, with your application config set by a ZConfig
file?

I can't answer your question without knowing a bit more about what you want
to *do* with the combination.