[PEAK] Re: Survey: PEAK community site

Paul Moore pf_moore at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jul 3 05:26:37 EDT 2004

"Phillip J. Eby" <pje at telecommunity.com> writes:

> Just as a point of clarification on John's survey: I think the
> question should perhaps be, is anyone interested in *helping build*
> and *write content for* such a site. Or perhaps more precisely, "If
> you're not currently contributing content to the Wiki or mailing
> list, would you start if we had such a site?"

I agree - I'd love to have more PEAK resources, but I'm not convinced
that having another site would help. What is the advantage of Plone
(or a "Plone-like" site) over the Wiki? I've not used many Plone
sites, but my impression is that as well as content providers (which
are needed for the Wiki as well) they need administration, to publish
content.

So I'd ask people to consider: If you like this idea, what is stopping
you putting the same information into the Wiki?

Of course, I'm speaking as an information consumer, rather than a
producer, at the moment. Maybe when I understand things a bit better,
that will change. But if and when it does, I'd personally be happy
with the Wiki.

Paul.
--
"Bother," said the Borg, "We've assimilated Pooh."