[PEAK] PEAK CVS vs. ZODB CVS :: [pP]ersistence :: Round 1, Fight!

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Sun Feb 22 11:57:27 EST 2004

At 02:52 AM 2/22/04 -0500, Bob Ippolito wrote:
>On further inspection.. the ZODB  3.3 that I'm using (ZODB in the CVS
>repo) has a module called "persistent" which seems equivalent to the
>"persistence" module that PEAK uses, with a few small changes (i.e. it
>doesn't seem to have the stupid 2.2 hack, so I made the metaclass
>type).  I did have to make a small patch to the persistent module such
>that it gets Interface and Attribute from protocols if ZODB isn't
>available (otherwise it uses garbage old style classes in place).

Sounds great.  I do have one question, though.  Does this work with Python
2.2.2?  If not, I can't put it in PEAK yet.  :(  However, if the changes
could be made conditional upon Python 2.3 and ZODB3.3 being present, then
I'd happily accept a patch.

>I also changed the setup.py to check for ZEO instead of zope.component,
>because ZODB installs ZConfig too -- but that's more of a hack.

Yeah, you might be best off hacking setup.py to use 'extra_path' for the
time being.