[PEAK] Generic Function API enhancement ideas

Lloyd Kvam python at venix.com
Fri Dec 31 10:48:54 EST 2004

(editor shortcut key matches email send.  sorry about that)
On Fri, 2004-12-31 at 01:46, Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> Convenience APIs for Generic Functions
> ======================================
<snipped>

> Pseudo-Arguments/"Macros"
> -------------------------
>
> As you can see, the code suffers quite a bit from repetition, as the
> "frame<11 and rolls" condition (or its inverse) appear repeatedly.  Here's
> what I'm thinking I'd like the rules to look like instead:

Since these are simply strings, wouldn't it be reasonable to expect
people to use Python's string interpolation to handle duplication rather
than creating something else for people to learn?  The template facility
in 2.4
http://python.org/doc/2.4/whatsnew/node5.html
provides another string substitution approach.

--
Lloyd Kvam
Venix Corp