[TransWarp] Strange EntityDM behavior

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Tue Oct 7 16:32:52 EDT 2003

At 11:13 AM 10/7/03 -0700, John Landahl wrote:
>On Tuesday 07 October 2003 10:50 am, Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> > There is, however, a minor bug in your script: each TableDM opens
> > its own database connection, instead of sharing the one provided by
> > 'App'.  Instead of binding to 'DATABASE' they should be using a key that
> > you supply to 'offerAs', such as the PropertyName you are currently
> > supplying.
>
>In my actual application DATABASE points to PropertyName('db') much like in
>the Bulletins example.  I was in a bit of a hurry to get that e-mail out last
>night, so missed a substitution.  Thanks for pointing that out, though, and
>kudos to PEAK that it works either way.

It doesn't work "either way", actually.  Your code uses app.db() for the
query at the end, which fails with an "OperationalError: database locked",
because the TableDM is using its own DB connection.  Thus, there are two
connections with ongoing transactions to the same file, which SQLite
doesn't allow.