[PEAK] runIni => ZConfig revisited

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Fri Nov 14 13:30:56 EST 2003

At 07:52 PM 11/14/03 +0200, alexander smishlajev wrote:
>one of the biggest problems for us now is the requirement to restart the
>application upon any change in configuration file.  we have a strong need
>to reload config files on the fly, restarting or updating only those
>components that have their configuration changed.

Perhaps you could create a top-level component that holds the entire
configured subtree, and simply discards/reloads it when necessary.

(I'm assuming here that the issue with restarting is that Python startup
and module importing is too slow, not that recreating the app's component
tree is a problem.)