[TransWarp] peak.metamodels.UML13 crashs python?

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Fri May 23 14:21:31 EDT 2003

At 03:32 PM 5/23/03 -0300, Rodrigo B. de Oliveira wrote:
>I've just installed the peak distribution and went for some peaking around
>when I discovered that whenever I try to see what's behind
>peak.metamodels.UML13.Foundation.Core.Class my python crashes. I have no
>idea what might be causing this nor the proper place to discuss it so I
>decided it to post to this mailing list.

As far as we know, the problem is due to the 'kjbuckets.pyd' extension.  It
appears to crash the interpreter on newer Windows versions.  We don't know
why.  It works fine on earlier Windows versions, like Win 98.

Some users have reported that the problem doesn't occur if they build PEAK
from the source, with MS VC6.  I don't own or wish to purchase MS VC6
(assuming I could buy it anymore, anyway), so PEAK binary releases are
built with the free MinGW32 tools.

It appears that all PEAK's other extensions work fine, so I suspect that
kjbuckets is doing something questionable.  I haven't had time as yet to
try to figure out what that might possibly be.  Since you are using the
exact same interpreter as I am, just on a different platform, it has to be
something external to Python that is causing the problem.