[TransWarp] Segfault in Once.c:473 (after modifications for thread-safety)

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Tue Mar 4 13:27:42 EST 2003

At 03:21 PM 3/4/03 +0100, Ulrich Eck wrote:
>hmmmmm
>
>on my other linux-box (running debian/python2.2.2/gcc-3.2) there is no
>segfault.
>when i use the precomiled modules from that box my suse-8.0 linux-box
>works with current peak as well ..
>
>very strange ..
>
>so it's probably a problem with my suse-linux box

I'll have to assume so, for now.  The part I find really interesting is
that there isn't any code in the test suite that uses threads, so why is
there a message reading "Switching to Thread 1024 (LWP 6025)"?  Of course,
I know nothing of gdb; the only C debugger I've ever used was CodeView, and
that was a long time ago.

The other weird thing is that the error shown is for code in a function
that hasn't changed in quite a while; almost since _once.pyx was first written.