[TransWarp] Peak Installation...

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Sat Mar 1 16:26:41 EST 2003

At 07:41 PM 3/1/03 +0200, Vladimir Bormotov wrote:
>     Basic installation requires Python 2.2.1, and the Zope Interface package
>
>    where I can find "Zope Interface Package" separately from Zope?
>    URL?

It's bundled with PEAK; you don't need to download it separately.  Also,
the INSTALL.txt is in error, in that PEAK now requires Python 2.2.2.

>  2.
>    $ python setup.py bdist_rpm
>
>[skip]
>
>     File "setup.py", line 198, in run
>       from happydoclib import HappyDoc
>   ImportError: No module named happydoclib
>

>   is this because I do not have "Zope Interface"?
>   Or which python package provide 'happydoclib' module?

I've never used 'bdist_rpm'; I presume it's trying to build a source
distribution as part of building the binary installation.  If that's the
case, then it's trying to also build the documentation, using
happydoc.  You'll probably want to comment out this:

         # Build docs before source distribution
         self.run_command('happy')

from setup.py.  I have that in there because I have happydoc installed, and
I want source releases to include the HTML reference documentation.  I'll
probably change setup.py to detect the absence of happydoc to prevent this
problem in future.  Please let me know if you are still having trouble
installing after you comment out the "self.run_command('happy')" line.  Thanks.