[TransWarp] Stopping peak.running.scheduler.UntwistedReactor

alexander smishlajev alex at ank-sia.com
Fri Jul 11 12:50:10 EDT 2003

Phillip J. Eby wrote:

>>> are there any scenarios where reactor running without readers,
>>> writers and queued tasks makes sense?
>>
>> Only multi-threaded scenarios, where another thread is running at the
>> same time as the (empty) reactor loop.

i see.  thanks.

>> A quick question, though...  if you use a Twisted reactor
>> instead of the PEAK reactor, does *it* shut down?

i have installed Twisted and tried this.  no, it does not shut down.

> Probably the best thing for us to do is take this question to the
> Twisted developers.  If we can't get an agreement as to how to establish
> an auto-shutdown mechanism, there are probably ways to wrap an adapter
> around Twisted's reactors that would enable the mechanism.  But first it
> would be best to see if this can be officially added to Twisted.

sorry, actually we are not interested in Twisted package because we want
to minimize the number of external dependencies, and PEAK appears to be
good enough per se.

it seems that the least painful way for us is to continue with the
reactor made by Yaroslav...

best wishes,
alex.