[PEAK] Re: Cross-platform stored-procedure support

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 13 12:49:15 EST 2003

Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> The Python DBAPI is somewhat underspecified (and poorly supported) for
> stored procedure invocation. (...)
> I'd like to give PEAK a stored procedure mechanism that is:
> * Cross-platform
> * Convenient
> * Covers all functionality of the platform(s)

I am usually the one to bring this up, and it always plays to crickets,
but a pythonic rendition(*) of ADO.Net's disconnected-data DataSet and
supporting classes such as SqlCommand) would be a potential solution to
these issues.

O'Reilly's ADO.Net Center:
http://www.ondotnet.com/topics/dotnet/ado.net

Executing Stored Procedures Through a SqlCommand Object:
http://www.ondotnet.com/lpt/a/1157#58556

* Not necessarily a rote copy of the API, simply inspired by the
useful disconnected design, and extending/altering it where python has
unique capabilities.