[TransWarp] First draft of PEAK logo

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Tue Jul 16 10:23:52 EDT 2002

At 08:53 AM 7/16/02 +0200, Roché Compaan wrote:

>To be brutally honest:

Honest is good.  :)

>The logo makes me think of a mountain lodge :)  The
>style that "PEAK" is written in is not bold enough
>for an Enterprise Application Kit and the "A" looks
>to much like a camp fire :)

The intent was to convey a certain tranquil Zen, of having mastered one's
applications with ease.  Or, failing that, the nice mountain vacation one
could go on after completing one's projects early.  ;)

>Let's have more StarTrek and less boy scout.

I really was hoping for a more laid-back look.  My original thought was to
go very business-like and stylized, with very bold black letters, and a
black-and-white mountain, but as I played with fonts for the letters, I
thought that one would go well with a brown mountaintop "A", and was more
generally pleasing to the eye than most other fonts I looked at.  Probably
if I want to keep the mountain peak in the concept I'll have to draw either
a custom font altogether or at least do the "A" from scratch, because it's
bloody hard to find a bold typeface where the "A" is still sufficiently
pointy at the top.