[TransWarp] Twisted and TransWarp

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Thu Oct 11 09:10:05 EDT 2001

At 01:52 PM 10/11/01 +0200, Jean Jordaan wrote:
>Hi all
>
>I don't know if you're all familiar with this already, but reading
>the Twisted FAQ reminded me strongly of certain aspects (specifically,
>*aspects*) of TransWarp.
>
>http://twistedmatrix.com/page.epy/twistedphil.html
>
>Interesting?

Not really related.  What they're doing is more of a design pattern ala
JavaBeans to create interface definitions using method signatures which can
be recognized using introspection.  It's entirely orthogonal to what
TransWarp does, since for example you could create specs in TransWarp that
created classes which do what Twisted looks for.  Twisted, AFAICT, does not
let you seperately code different aspects of an entire class hierarchy and
weave them together to create a new class hierarchy.  From the docs, it's
really just a way of specifying certain types of interfaces/metadata
without using a separate Interface object, or function attributes.