[ZPatterns] Can't set proxy roles for SkinScript

Itai Tavor itai@iinet.net.au
Wed, 8 Jan 2003 12:37:44 +1100

Hi,

In Zope 2.5.1 with ZPatterns 0.4.3p2 (TransactionAgents 5), trying to
set the Manager proxy role on a SkinScript results in:

    You are not authorized to change ... because you do not have proxy
roles.

I thought we left this kind of nonsense behind a long time ago. What's
happening?

Also, in a SkinScript that catalogs changed objects, I tried to avoid
the need for the proxy role by giving my user role the "Manage ZCatalog
Entries" permission, which is the one protecting uncatalog_object in
ZCatalog, but I still get an access error on uncatalog_object in:

WHEN OBJECT CHANGED CALL
   Catalog.uncatalog_object(_.string.join(self.getPhysicalPath(),'/')),
   Catalog.catalog_object(self,
_.string.join(self.getPhysicalPath(),'/'))

Can anyone think of a reason why the permission settings are being
ignored?

TIA, Itai