[ZPatterns] LoginManager roles problem

Joachim Schmitz js@aixtraware.de
Wed, 31 Oct 2001 19:50:32 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I still working on that problem. I debugged it a little more and come to the
conclusion, that the validate-method of the LoginManager is not called at all.

It seams, that it only gets called for the index_html.

cause when I check the required roles in the LoginMethod, then I only find
the ones for the index_html doc. Can anybody give me a hint, how to debug
this further ?

On Thu, 11 Oct 2001, Tim McLaughlin wrote:

> Joachim,
> You know, it is funny but that is basically the same design pattern that
> I use quite a lot also.  Anyway, that was the exact problem that my
> hacks fixed.  I'm gonna go ahead and send you mine, and see what you get
> out of it.  Also, what version of Zope and ZPatterns are you using?
>
> Tim
>
> Joachim Schmitz wrote:
> >
> > Tim,
> >
> > thanks for your thinking investment ;-).
> >
> > No index_html is a dtml-method, but there is only one index_html for the
> > whole site. But I just see that my drawing in the first mail is wrong:
> >
> > it actually looks like this:
> >
> > root:
> >   acl_users (standard)
> >   mysitefolder: viewable by Anonymous
> >     index_html
> >     acl_users (login-manager with a custumized login form)
> >     otherfolder: viewable only by Authenticated
> >        testfolder
> >           content dtml method
> >
> > where index_html looks like this:
> >
> > <dtml-var standart_html_header>
> > <dtml-var init>
> > <dtml-var content>
> > <dtml-var standart_html_footer>
> >
> > the calling URL looks like /mysitefolder/otherfolder/testfolder
> >
> > since there is no index_html in testfolder, the one-and-only index_html is
> > called, which calls the content method. So the index_html is the parent.
> >
> > On Thu, 11 Oct 2001, Tim McLaughlin wrote:

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Joachim Schmitz

AixtraWare, Ing. Büro für Internetanwendungen
Hüsgenstr. 33a, D-52457 Aldenhoven
Telefon: +49-2464-8851, FAX: +49-2464-905163