[ZPatterns] ZPatterns 0.4.3 final for Zope 2.3.x released

Itai Tavor itai@optusnet.com.au
Tue, 26 Jun 2001 10:27:10 +1000

Phillip J. Eby wrote:

>FYI, I have uploaded a release version of ZPatterns 0.4.3 to:
>
>http://www.zope.org/Members/pje/ZPatterns
>
>I have also updated the standalone PlugIns package at:
>

>http://www.zope.org/Members/pje/PlugIns
>
>These are primarily maintenance releases for GUI and security compatibility
>with Zope 2.3.x.  The main added features are a 'DEPENDENT ON' clause for
>SkinScript 'WITH...COMPUTE' declarations, and support for the enhanced Zope
>2.3 BTrees.
>
>Note that Zope 2.3.3 or better is required for either release.  You do not
>need to download the seperate PlugIns release unless you are using PlugIns
>without ZPatterns, as the ZPatterns package already includes a copy of the
>PlugIns library.
>
>Please report any problems or concerns to the ZPatterns list,
>ZPatterns@eby-sarna.com (go to

Thanks for the update!

Now for the problem: You mentioned some time ago that clicking
"Remove orphaned slots" in the new ZPatterns release would convert
old-style Racks to the new B-Tree format. I just tried it, and it
deleted all data from the Rack.

My setup is: Zope 2.3.3 with ZPatterns 0.4.3, ZPatterns application
created and populated in Zope 2.3.2 with ZPatterns 0.4.3b2 plus Steve
Alexander's patches.

Is this a bug in the conversion code, or is it just going to be
impossible to upgrade in this setup?

BTW, you say above "Zope 2.3.3 or better is required". The ZPatterns
web page says "2.3.x". Which is it then?

Itai
--
--
Itai Tavor                      -- "Je sautille, donc je suis."    --