[ZPatterns] xml export/import of zclass based racks

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Sun, 05 Aug 2001 20:22:46 +0100

Joachim Schmitz wrote:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I am looking for a general tool to export/import zclass-based racks. I
 >  remember Steve Alexander mentioned in his Berlin talk, that he had
 >  such a beast.

I just used such a tool to migrate a client's data from one ZPatterns
application into a new version of the application.

There are a couple of bugs I need to iron out to do with using minidom
with very large racks.

The tool is not at all generic. It is specific to the data in my
client's application. I'll be glad to post the code, but it is one of
those crufty munging sorts of program. It is basically a couple of
external methods. I suppose there are a couple of things to do with
transactions, and minimising ZODB caches that might be useful to some
people.

I've just got back from a long motorcycle trip... so I won't post it
right now. I'll put the external methods somewhere nearly next week.

--
Steve Alexander