[PEAK] BUILD_CLASS has wrong stack effect

Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch marc at rintsch.de
Wed Feb 22 05:32:26 EST 2017

Hi,

The stack effect of BUILD_CLASS is given as (3, 0) in the
`peak.util.assembler` module, but it is actually (3, 1) as it leaves the
newly built class object on the stack.

Currently I'm using this monkey patch in my code::

  from peak.util.assembler import (
      BUILD_CLASS as BUILD_CLASS_OPCODE, Code, stack_effects
  )

  if stack_effects[BUILD_CLASS_OPCODE] == (3, 0):
      #
      # Patch in BUILD_CLASS method with correct stack effect.
      #
      def BUILD_CLASS(self, op=BUILD_CLASS_OPCODE, se=(3, 1)):
          self.stackchange(se); self.emit(op)

      setattr(Code, 'BUILD_CLASS', BUILD_CLASS)

Ciao,
	Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch
--
Calm down. It's only ones and zeros.