[PEAK] no password in mail

c.buhtz at posteo.jp c.buhtz at posteo.jp
Sat Dec 19 11:20:55 EST 2015

Dear peak-list-Owner,

please configure your mailman that way, that it doesn't re-mail my
password in plain-text mail in the subscription success mail. There is
a way to configure that in your admin-interface.

Keep in mind I don't mean the "password reminder" message. I hope this
is disabled per default, too!?

I mean the "send_welcome_msg" Option, which always send the password
per default in plain-text with. There is a way.to use the "welcome
message" but don't send the password with.

The option is quite hidden on the admin config page.

On your admin config page click on
 "Edit the public HTML pages and text files"

Then click on
 "Welcome email text file"

And remove the string
 "%(password)s"

Thank you very much to trait the security and privacy of your users
with respect and for makeing your list more secure.

kind regards
Christian Buhtz
--
GnuPGP-Key ID 0751A8EC