[PEAK] Re: Fixed PyProtocols speedup for python 2.4 with 0.9

P.J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Fri Jan 8 14:49:40 EST 2010

(Sorry for the delayed reply; this really should've gone to the PEAK
mailing list, as the source-changes list is really for announcements
only.  It's only by accident that I noticed you'd sent a message at all.)

At 09:30 AM 10/9/2009 +0200, prz wrote:
>After some recent upgrades I made here I realized that the speedup.c
>fell apart and the any newer pyrex couldn't process the speedup.pyx because
>of exception changes (as well the trick with void * does not work anymore
>in new pyrex, pointer casts do not anymore INCREF sine 0.9.8.1).
>So I fixed the whole seven yards up ('nuff coffee and reading ;-)
>
>Anybody interested in reviewing it please let me know ? Can I put it in
>the repo after review ?

I'd certainly like to see it.

>I actually ended up putting _adapt and Protocol__adapt__ as simply compiled
>python code from the main implementation (albeit I fixed up the original
>versions
>as well).  That made only 2% speedup difference and I perceived the
>gain in readability/sturdiness is worth it.

Do you mean that your new Pyrex version is only 2% slower than the
old Pyrex version, or that the new Pyrex version is only 2% faster
than the pure-Python version?