[PEAK] ez_setup.py and pkg_resources

Andrea Brenci andrea.brenci at libero.it
Wed Apr 29 12:04:12 EDT 2009

Hello,
on my Debian system I had to insert the following line in the ez_setup
script:

del pkg_resources,sys.modules['pkg_resources']

after the line "except pkg_resources.DistributionNotFound:" in the
use_setuptools function.
I needed to use the pkg_resources module of the downloaded setuptools egg, and
not that of my system. So I had to reload the module after downloading
the egg.(In Debian there are two separate deb packages: one for pkg_resources
and one for setuptools, and only pkg_resources was installed in my system).
Could that change be useful for others as well?

Cheers,
Andrea Brenci