[PEAK] trellis activity does not save/restore Contextual context between task switches

Sergey Schetinin maluke at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 22:30:39 EDT 2009

Well, I use my own context manager (derived from Contextual but quite
different) so I could not expect to have it supported by Trellis
itself, yet I also though that I might need tasks that change the
state, so my solution goes like this:

class TaskGeneratorWrapper(object):
    def __init__(self, iterator):
        self.iterator = iterator
        map(self._add_wrap_call, ['next', 'send', 'throw'])
    def _add_wrap_call(self, name):
        if hasattr(self.iterator, name):
            func = getattr(self.iterator, name)
            wrapped = lambda *args: self.call_wrap(func, *args)
            setattr(self, name, wrapped)

class TaskStateSaver(TaskGeneratorWrapper):
    def __init__(self, iterator, stack=None):
        TaskGeneratorWrapper.__init__(self, iterator)
        self.stack = stack or [State.get()]
    def call_wrap(self, func, *args):
        prev = State.swap_stack(self.stack)
        try:
            r = func(*args)
        finally:
            self.stack = State.swap_stack(prev)
        if hasattr(r, 'next'):
            return self.__class__(r, self.stack)
        return r

def stateful_task(method):
    return task()(lambda self: TaskStateSaver(method(self)))

Then use @stateful_task in place of @task

I'm not sure what calls you need to make to save/restore Contextual
state (State.swap() IIRC), so this change is up to you. And please
note that I did not fully test this yet. Please report on what changes
you had to make to adapt it to Contextual and if any issues surfaced.

- Sergey

--
Best Regards,
Sergey Schetinin