[PEAK] Re: trellis.Set.discard

Sergey Schetinin maluke at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 03:06:40 EDT 2008

Just to make it more clear, what I mean is that
Component.__class_call__ would set up a separate transaction to create
and initialize the cells. There also needs to be a way for cells to
mark themselves as being involved in some transaction, so that if
during this initialization any of the cells already read or written in
current transaction are changed in this additional transaction, this
would be detected and result in exception. With this, some of existing
code would become invalid, but rightly so, because some things should
be prohibited during initialization. Also, a lot of changes required
are needed to enable safe multithreaded use of Trellis.

If we add the requirement that the same future value is only available
to the rule that first created, it seems to me that the problem with
one savepoint per transaction would go away.