[PEAK] Re: PEAK-Rules bug

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Jun 25 10:59:34 EDT 2008

At 10:32 AM 6/25/2008 -0400, Phillip J. Eby wrote:
>At 01:08 AM 6/25/2008 +0300, Sergey Schetinin wrote:
>>This IS a bug, right?
>
>Yes.  I just got back from a trip and haven't fixed it yet.  The
>problem is that the default "inclusion" bitmask needs to include (by
>default) all cases based on a "not" condition.  I see one obvious
>way to fix it, but it will then break on istype(object) (i.e., if
>you test for something being exactly type(object), it would then be
>true for ANY object.  So, I'm still trying to figure out how to work
>around that.

I spoke too soon.  :)  As soon as I sent the email, I had an idea for
how to work around that.  The fix (with expanded test coverage, too)
is now in SVN and the snapshots directory.  I think this should be
the last of the fallout from the istype()-support index
refactoring.  (Unfortunately, the test coverage that sufficed for the
old index design did not suffice for the new design, which has a much
higher number of combinations of types of criteria, including mixed criteria.)