[PEAK] Trellis WXEventLoop patch

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Tue Jun 17 21:15:31 EDT 2008

At 03:06 AM 6/18/2008 +0300, Sergey Schetinin wrote:
>Here's a patch to make activity.WXEventLoop actually work. It's not
>perfect but definitely works better.

Looking at the patch, it appears you are trying to support calling
'run()' from *inside* the wx main loop, but I don't currently have
any plans to support that feature: not with Twisted, and definitely
not with wx.  I might consider adding support for it in the future,
however.  (In the meantime, of course, you can simply use your own
subclass of WXEventLoop to support this.)

As for the other part of your patch, did you encounter some *actual*
problem with CallAfter not accepting a zero delay?  For that matter,
did you encounter a situation where self._next_time was actually
zero?  I'm curious, because it seems to me that zero is the one value
that self._next_time should NEVER be able to be.  If you can provide
a test that reproduces that situation (with or without wx), I would
appreciate it.