[PEAK] AmbiguousMethod using PEAK-Rules

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Jan 23 20:32:23 EST 2008

At 02:08 PM 1/23/2008 -0800, Scott Graham wrote:
>Am I doing something wrong/illegal, or is this just a symptom of me
>grabbing code that's not quite working?

Congratulations, you found a bug!  The implication relationship
between Signature objects was actually horribly broken, but in a
not-immediately-obvious way.  In fact, I had an incorrect test in
Criteria.txt which said that the wrong thing was right, and vice versa.

So I've checked in a ridiculously simple fix: I just had declared the
"(Intersection, object)" method should be used for "(Intersection,
Intersection)" pairs, when it should have been the "(object,
Intersection)" method.

Anyway, if you update your PEAK-Rules installation from SVN, the
problem should go away for you.