[PEAK] test_trellis.py -- ImportError: cannot import name symbols

j. vickroy jgv-home at comcast.net
Sat Feb 9 18:22:15 EST 2008

Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> At 06:56 AM 2/9/2008 -0700, j. vickroy wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I am unable to try trellis on my MS Windows XP Pro computer running
>> python 2.5.
>>
>> The attached screen capture (jv-console-session.txt), hopefully,
>> shows the state of my installation.
>>
>> Any ideas on how to proceed?
>
> It appears that you're missing the SymbolType library, maybe
> DecoratorTools as well.  At this point, I'd recommend installing
> Subversion rather than continuing to try to work around its absence.

Success!  Thanks for your support and patience.

I did find installing subversion confusing.

   1. I first installed Apache because it appeared from the subversion
      documentation that was a pre-condition.  That installation was
      straightforward.
   2. I next installed subversion (http://svn1clicksetup.tigris.org/)
      after mistakenly installing what subsequently appeared to be a
      python interface to subversion
      (http://subversion.tigris.org/project_packages.html).
   3. I next typed easy_install trellis from a console window and it
      worked without reporting any errors.
   4. Finally, I ran test_trellis.py and test_sets.py and they also ran
      without errors!

-- jv