[PEAK] Some notes on trellis.ui.layout

Alexandre Garel alex.garel at nomade.fr
Wed Oct 24 18:54:13 EDT 2007

Hello,

 I'm just following Trellis with some envy (just read the amazing
documentation), but do not have time for playing with :-/

2007/10/24, Phillip J. Eby <pje at telecommunity.com>:

> Well, it looks like trellis.ui is going to see some attention before
> trellis.db, and before the new recalc algorithm gets done.

A maybe out of topic note on UI.

Do you know Kiwi (http://www.async.com.br/projects/kiwi/) ?
I think it maybe interresting for one think in particular : Proxies and
Models (http://www.async.com.br/projects/kiwi/howto/node16.html).
I think in some way, the tedious work was done on propagating GTK UI changes
to model and you'll just have to plug trellis receivers / actions at the
right place to have a great tool for simple UI interfaces.

Hope it helps,

Alex