[PEAK] Installing PEAK

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Fri May 18 11:54:24 EDT 2007

At 01:43 PM 5/18/2007 +0200, Richard Jennings wrote:
>Go to http://svn dot eby-sarna dot com/ and download and unpack the following
>into a local directory:  PEAK.tar.gz, RuleDipatch.tar.gz &
>PyProtocols.tar.gz, noting the release numbers.

Ah, there's your problem.  Don't do that.  Use these:

svn co svn://svn.eby-sarna.com/PEAK
svn co svn://svn.eby-sarna.com/PyProtocols
svn co svn://svn.eby-sarna.com/RuleDispatch

It looks like I should disable the tarball download feature, as it
doesn't include SVN revision information.

>Edit the setup.py files for RuleDispatch and PyProtocols so that the declared
>version includes the correct release tag i.e: for RuleDispatch
>version="0.5a0" becomes version="0.5a0-r2306"

You won't need this if you just check stuff out of SVN directly to begin with.