[PEAK] Re: Python 2.5 generics

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Fri Jun 1 15:27:08 EDT 2007

At 02:56 PM 6/1/2007 +0000, Arnar Birgisson wrote:
>Hi Philip,
>
>Regarding this post here:
>http://www.eby-sarna.com/pipermail/peak/2006-May/002534.html
>
>I'm having a hard time figuring out from Googling what is the current
>status right now. I'm in need of generics for Python 2.5 and since all
>roads on the subject lead to you :o) I wanted to ask you directly.
>
>What are my options? Should I use Guido's "overload" from [1] or your
>overload3k from [2] - or perhaps there something even better? In
>particular I have some 2.4 code that uses dispatch.generic and I need
>to port it to work on 2.5

RuleDispatch (current SVN trunk version) currently works on Python
2.5, as does the "simplegeneric" package on the Cheeseshop, and so
does PEAK-Rules, for that matter.

By the way, in future, please direct inquiries like this via the PEAK
mailing list, as I don't do private support except under
contract.  (setuptools-related inquiries should go to the Distutils-SIG list.)