[PEAK] Just starting

Richard Jennings zaphod.beeblebrox at freesurf.ch
Fri Apr 6 03:12:59 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm just starting with easy_install & setuptools and so far I think they are
great. However I am having a bit of a problem with one of the examples in
the EasyInstall documentation, namely "Installing on Un-networked Machines".
My final objective here is to package my application with all of its
dependencies in a single directory to install on any machine I like.

If I execute "Downloading and Installing a Package", example 1, it works.
Actually, I already have this installed and the messages are all consistent
with this fact.

If I execute:

easy_install -H -f "packages" SQLObject
Where the directory packages is local and contains the SQLObject egg

I get:
error: Couldn't find a setup script in packages

For me, the only difference between the 2 commands is the source of the
SQLObjects package, so I would expect exactly the same behaviour. Please
tell me what am I missing here?

BG
Richard