[PEAK] PEAK and Eggs

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Thu Jun 8 13:15:21 EDT 2006

At 03:01 PM 6/8/2006 +0100, Giles Brown wrote:
>I was wondering what ways people were or had thought of intergrating entry
>points in Python eggs into a PEAK style configuration.  Has anybody tried
>(or is there already in some corner of PEAK) a configuration loader for
>fetching Egg entry points into a configuration property map?

Not that I'm aware of.

>   Would this be
>a good thing to do?

Yes.  You might look at config.Namespace objects for inspiration, as
something like that could be used to map an entry point group into a
property namespace.

>(It would seem to me this would avoid having to
>have components run setuptools methods to find
>matching entry points).
>
>Any opinions?

It's a good idea and something that would've been in PEAK from the
beginning had setuptools entry points existed.  It would probably be
especially useful for things like URL scheme providers.  If my current day
job were still something that involved PEAK, I might even implement it
myself.  But it's not, so I'm unlikely to do one any time soon.