[PEAK] Re: ruledispatch

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Mon Apr 3 02:44:58 EDT 2006

At 09:11 AM 4/2/2006, Simon Belak wrote:
>Phillip J. Eby wrote:
>>I think you want functions.GenericFunction, so you get all the
>>default 'when', 'around', etc. methods.  I don't think those are
>>available on AbstractGeneric, so you'd have to duplicate them.  I
>>suggest you copy the standard combine() method and then edit it.
>
>Is there no more elegant way of doing it than copying combine()?

Not at the moment, no.  My plan was to eventually make it possible to
declaratively define complex combination rules, borrowing some ideas
from Common Lisp.  But first I wanted to just implement the basics
and combination primitives (like method_chain and method_list) to
make it possible to define things.  Syntax sugar was for later, and
later isn't here yet.  :)