[PEAK] Updates on Wiki and problems with CVS

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Thu Mar 24 22:12:57 EST 2005

At 04:45 PM 03/23/2005 -0100, Tiago Cogumbreiro wrote:
>Hello list,
>
>There is some problems with CVS, there are some files missing, namely
>the src/setup folder. Fortunately one can get it through the latest
>Peak tarball.
>This is the error that appears in a "vanilla" cvs check out:
>$ ./setup.py build
>Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./setup.py", line 83, in ?
>     execfile('src/setup/common.py')

This looks really odd to me; you should be able to check out from CVS the
entire thing.  I don't see any obvious problems in the repository.

>I've also started making my application web visible. I've noticed the
>wiki page is outdated:
>http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/PeakWebHowTo
>
>I'm trying to fix it, but since I have no previous experience
>whatsoever with peak.web it's being a little difficult. If I
>understand how it's done properly I would like to porpose to crate a
>new lesson in the PeakIntro, which would be Lesson number 5
>introducing peak.web (instead of logging).
>
>Any thoughts?

Having such a lesson would be helpful, especially if you can build on the
DM and components built in the later lessons.  But please don't add it to
IntroToPeak directly, until I have a chance to review it.  I'd like to keep
as much of IntroToPeak usable as possible, which probably means I really
ought to move lesson five to a sandbox also.