[PEAK] pb installing peak from subversion on windows with python 23, mingw

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Mon Jul 25 10:30:45 EDT 2005

At 09:33 AM 7/25/2005 +0200, Alexandre Garel wrote:

>Hello,
>I tried to install peak on a win 98 box. I use python 2.3.5 realease.
>I did the following :
>got the source of setuptools from PiPy and installed it ( python setup.py
>build --compiler=mingw32;  python setup.py install)
>got the tar from svn repositorie of peak, copy ez_setup in each
>directories, installed all packages in this order :
>- pyprotocols
>- ruleDispatch
>- wsgiref
>- peak
>using commands (python setup.py build --compiler=mingw32;  python setup.py
>install)

My guess would be that you need to save the compiler configuration in your
global configuration.  Try this:

     python setup.py build --compiler=mingw32 saveopts -g

This should update your global distutils config to always use the mingw32
compiler, so that you don't need to specify it ever again.

Then do:

     python setup.py install

and try the tests again.