[PEAK] Re: Option parsing prototype + new-style documentation

Matthew Scott gmane at goldenspud.com
Mon Jan 17 13:46:39 EST 2005

Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> At 12:23 PM 1/17/05 -0600, Matthew Scott wrote:
>
>> So, I'd like to request that the reST mode-line be added as the first
>> line of each of the documents you've written, to cater to Emacs users::
>>
>>   .. -*- mode: rst -*-
>
> Does it have to be the first line?  Or can it be the last line?  I could
> always stick one of those PEP trailers with the ^L and "Local Variables:
> mode: rst" etc.

Hmm... it appears that this style of mode-line does have to be the first
line.

I've always added it to the reST documents I've created, but I've never
used the "Local Variables:" trick.

Adding this comment to the end of the file instead of using the mode
line at the beginning does indeed work the same::

   ..
      Local Variables:
      mode: rst
      End: