[PEAK] Re: Option parsing prototype + new-style documentation

Matthew Scott gmane at goldenspud.com
Mon Jan 17 13:23:19 EST 2005

Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> So, if there are any issues with the comprehensibility or usability of
> the docs I'm doing in this format, I'd like to know.  Currently, there
> are four such documents in PEAK:
>
> [ ... ]
>
> So, if you get a chance, please take a look at some of the above, more
> or less in the order shown, and let me know what you think.  Thanks.

About to dive into using peak.running.options today, so I thought I'd
make a better-late-than-never reply to this.

Docs in this format: Excellent! I've started adopting the same style,
and I have you to thank for piquing my interest in this style of testing. :)

As far as usability, I really like the rst-mode for Emacs, and use it
quite a bit.  And it's easier for me, during development, to browse
reST-formatted documents using Emacs rather than converting them to HTML
and viewing them in a browser.

So, I'd like to request that the reST mode-line be added as the first
line of each of the documents you've written, to cater to Emacs users::

   .. -*- mode: rst -*-

Other than that, I love it :)

Thanks,

- Matthew