[PEAK] Re: Another way to spell generic function predicates

Paul Moore pf_moore at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Jan 3 05:47:54 EST 2005

"Phillip J. Eby" <pje at telecommunity.com> writes:

> What do you think?  This seems to me like a more straighforward way to
> spell "macros" and ordered classifications without introducing weird new
> rules and keyword arguments and namespaces.

I prefer this, because I actually followed it on an initial read
through :-) The problem with the previous proposal was when it got to
the point where there was too much DWIM behaviour. The whole generic
function feature is powerful and subtle, so it's definitely a case
where "explicit is better than implicit" helps...

Paul
--
It is better to be quotable than to be honest -- Tom Stoppard