[PEAK] GNU Enterprise

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Sun Feb 6 17:19:54 EST 2005

At 10:33 PM 2/6/05 +0100, Wolfgang Keller wrote:
> emphasis
> >>
> >>There is no support for Corba in GNUe (implemented yet). Currently, XML-RPC
> >>is used.
> >
> > How odd; I could have sworn the whole thing was built on an ORB, the last
> > time I looked.  Admittedly, that's been at least a year ago, maybe two.
>
>Well, on the GNUe mailinglist Reinhard Müller told me that there is no
>Corba support implemented. And I would guess that he's in a pretty good
>position to know, because he's the one who is implementing the appserver.
>;-)

Interesting.  This is from their FAQ:

"""Internally, GNUe n-tier is object based. The objects contain data and
business rules with data stored in an SQL database. The business objects
are accessed using CORBA and we use Python-orbit for binding Python to our
current ORB ORBit."""

So, perhaps it needs updating.  :)