[PEAK] Docstring for peak.config.modules

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Apr 27 02:23:24 EDT 2005

At 11:42 AM 4/25/05 -0700, John Landahl wrote:
>The example shown at the beginning of the docstring for
>peak.config.modules says 'binding.setupModule()' where it should say
>'config.setupModule()'.  Also, it might be more helpful for new users if
>the import statement there was "from peak.api import config" rather than
>"from peak.api import *".
>
>BTW, I've just tried module inheritance for the first time, and it looks
>like it could be a very powerful feature when used in moderation.  Is it
>considered a stable, longterm feature of PEAK?

No, it's a gimmicky, obscure, and deprecated one, held over from
TransWarp.  Use generic functions and adaptation instead; I'm only
continuing to include the feature because there are people who are still
using it for a use case ("class replacement") that won't be covered another
way until peak.schema lands.