[PEAK] config.fileNearModule() in peak.ini

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Thu Apr 21 12:10:12 EDT 2005

At 12:09 PM 04/20/2005 -0400, Phillip J. Eby wrote:
>Actually, they should probably just be changed to
>'pkgfile:peak.web/resource' and the equivalent for
>version-config.  However, there is a bug in the 'runIni' command, in that
>it absolutely requires a filename.  This isn't fixable right away, because
>it's going to need to use the pkg_resources module (part of the "Python
>Eggs") runtime in order to get around this.
>
>Anyway, changing the first one above to a 'pkgfile:' URL works, but the
>latter won't until pkg_resources is available.

As it turns out, I was wrong about this; I just needed to fix the runIni
command so it can use URLs as well as filenames.  This is done now, and
I've yanked out all the remaining uses of fileNearModule().  Thanks for
bringing it to my attention.

(Fixing peak.web's use of os.listdir() still has to wait for pkg_resources
to support globbing, though.)