[PEAK] Subclassing private PEAK classes

Erik Rose psucorp at grinchcentral.com
Fri Apr 8 16:55:41 EDT 2005

Awhile back we spoke on IRC about my current project of making an MS
SQLServer DB connection class for PEAK (no, not my choice of DB's ;-)).
You said:

> [17:05:52] <pje> If so, you should subclass ValueBasedTypeConn rather
> than SQLConnection.

The tricky part about this is that ValueBasedTypeConn is hidden away in
peak.storage.SQL, which I cannot figure out how to import. Due to
PEAK's lazy importing, "import peak.storage.SQL" doesn't work, nor do
variations on this. You did, however, say:

> [16:59:33] <grincho> So just implement IConnection (or whatever) in
> peak.storage.SQL, and that'll cover it?
> [16:59:48] <pje> Not *in* peak.storage.SQL, although I'll accept a
> patch, certainly.
> [17:00:11] <pje> You can put it in whatever module you like, you just
> have to add the necessary info to your app's .ini file

Will adding something to my peak.ini magically give me access to the
ValueBasedTypeConn symbol? If so, what's the correct something?

Somewhat confusedly but in-advance thankfully,
Erik